4.19.2007

q is for quail

Earlier tonight, I helped out Thirteen Minutes magazine and did an interview with Michelle Nguyen, the young, hip, socal designer behind Quail, at Filly boutique on West Third Street in Los Angeles. I quickly fell head over heels for her entire line of easy-breezy, oh-so-adorable and wearable skirts, dresses, tops, belts and jumpers. The details of each of the pieces were simple, yet still flirty and feminine. I loved Michelle's signature high-waisted skirt and low peter pan collar neckline tops. With only the experience of an internship at the Closet under her belt, Michelle quickly capitalized on her keen fashion sense and love of designing new garments and reconstructing vintage pieces to create Quail. I totally admire Michelle's success in fashion and her savvy business ethics. And as if I wasn't jealous enough already, this too-cute-for-words gal is engaged (I couldn't help but notice the bling on her finger!) to the manager of the Cold War Kids.

In the Gift Bag:
- Cold War Kids CD
- Filly tote bag
- Filly coin purse
- Filly 20% off coupon

Quail: A term used in 1960’s hipster slang to describe a woman or girl.

No comments: