3.17.2007

outfitting: boxeight collective show

Ellemeno Blue Zebra Print Top:
- @ Mervyn's

Abercrombie & Fitch Men's Olive Cargo Shorts:
- borrowed from the boyfriend

Patent Yellow Heels:
- $13.99 from eBay
- See Kitten Fashion Week and Day 1 of Top Model Buzz Session

Small Patent Purple Clutch:
- @ Baras Thrift Store
- See Kitten Fashion Week

Well, we ain't in Culver City that's for sure. Emil and I attended the BOXeight Collective Fashion Show at the Historic Los Angeles Theatre yesterday night. The theatre had a touch of old school glamour with its velvet draped walls, dripping chandeliers and golden accents, but overall it felt creepy and haunted inside. The bathrooms were especially scary with its semi-working toilets and sinks, creaky pipes, cracked mirrors and crumbling walls.

The runway was set-up in two connecting rooms and the audience sat on bleachers. Only moments before the start of the show, Emil and I found ourselves wedged in between Bobby Trendy and an obnoxiously loud and intruding guy with platinum blonde hair. The attendees were mostly eccentric, over-the-top drag queens and their entourage. I really, really enjoyed the show. I thought the pieces were all interesting and I wanted to own all the dresses that came down the runway, even the crazy satin cage skirts! But I absolutely LOVED the spats! Spats are sooo making a comeback! I need me spats!

In the gift bag:
- Kristen Coates t-shirts
- Berko CD
- mini sewing kit
- samples of Sexy Hair products

EDIT: I just realized that Kit Pistol from "Project Runway" Season 4 showed at the BOXeight Collective Show.

No comments: