11.09.2006

taking fashion to the streets, literally

I did it! I spent last night on a freezing, hard sidewalk for the opening of the H&M store at the Beverly Center and for the launch of the Viktor & Rolf collection.

I knew that I would be too busy pushing and shoving, I mean shopping, to take pictures so I didn't bring a camera. But now I'm kind of regretting it. I vaguely remember this photographer guy from AP snapping pictures of me grabbing clothes off the racks and Emil with a huge pile of clothes in his hands standing next to Frankie Muniz.

The sleepover experience was fun and despite the all night construction of the escalator overhead and the sheer coldness. In the morning, I made new friends and we talked fashion all morning long.

Once inside the store, I went straight for the V&R goodies. I had a process: grab as much V&R in my size as quickly as possible, hand the clothes off to Emil, find an uninhabited spot in the store and try on the clothes (no long fitting room lines for me!) over my tank and yoga pants (yes, I was prepared!). I walked out of the store with shopping bags teeming with V&R. I didn't even bother to peruse the rest of the store.

Emil and I got a ton of H&M freebies: an umbrella, t-shirts, key chains, totes, a mini-sewing kit, perfume samples and gift cards (for being the 40th and 41st people in line). I can't wait to wear all my V&R stuff, but right now I'm exhausted...

No comments: