11.24.2006

outfitting: the thanksgiving kids' table

Paul & Joe Short Sleeve Pintuck Shirt:
- $19.99 @ Target
- See Officially An Angeleno

Gold Bird Earrings with Chaindrops:
- $6.99 @ Urban Outfitters
- I'm still ga-ga over the bird motif in jewelry. Besides I'm a sucker for cheap accessories.

Behnaz Sarafpour Ebony Velvet Mini Dress:
- $39.99 @ Target
- I feel like a little girl in this dress (maybe because Amy made Britney's Thanksgiving dress in the same doll-like cut). The velvet fabric gives the dress a fancy, formal look, while the short, short length tones it down. Behnaz Sarafpour's Target collection is perfect for Holiday parties and winter work ensembles. I think this mass-market collection reflected her runway looks greatly. I like the sleek color palettes and the ultra-feminine detailing of her clothing. I didn't care much for the items with lace trimming though. Although I was thinking about buying the lace print duffel bag. I much preferred the print over actual lace, but the bag was bigger than I expected and I decided that I probably won't have much use for it.

Payless "Koincidence" Oxford Bone Lace-Up Shoes:
- Originally $19.99, with BOGO deal: $9.99 @ Payless
- See V&R Ties the Knot with H&M

Thanksgiving with just the kids was pretty fun. Our family is backwards, usually it's the parents who want to sit down together and have a nice dinner while the kids just want to go and do their own thing with their friends. Unfortunately, my dad still has to work on Thanksgiving and the other grown-ups had their own plans. We wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving regardless, so Amy went all out this year. She cooked a ton of food (yum: our turkey was wrapped in bacon!) and handmade the table cloth and napkins. We all got dressed up and proceeded to stuff ourselves.

The fun didn't end there. We awoke in the darkness this morning to wait in a massive line outside of Wal-Mart for Black Friday. The entire day was spent amongst crazed shoppers and waiting in ridiculously long lines. Must sleep now before I die.

No comments: