2.17.2007

outfitting: day trip to santa barbara

Proenza Schouler Jersey Dress w/ Drawstring Waist:
- $29.99 at Target
- This jersey dress is comfortable, affordable and chic. I like the soft cotton and the way it drapes. The dress' fit can be adjusted with the drawstring bow. It's actually lined with polyester, so it can get a bit stuffy when it's hot.

Xhiliration Pink Rock Charm Necklace:
- @
Target
- I immediately loved all the charms of this necklace. It has that beachside-made look like I bought it from a woman making necklaces out of seashells by the seashore. Plus a touch of pink never hurt anyone.

Straw Bag w/ Leather Handles:
- @ Baras Thrift Store
- I always wanted to get a picnic basket of some sorts. Even though this bag isn't exactly what I want, I bought it anyway because it was really cheap. I'll still be searching for a better picnic basket meanwhile.

Bongo
Black Sequined Shoes:
- $14.99 @ T.J. Maxx
- See BooBoo Arrives on Valentine's Day, Winter '07 TCA Press Tour, Christmas Day at the Bahia and Shark! at Scripps

Emil and I decided to take a day trip today to
Santa Barbara in celebration of the past Valentine's Day.

I made meatloaf and cookies the night before, so we had a picnic lunch at Stearns Wharf. We watched babies and doggies try to walk off the pier and then we visited the very tiny Ty Warner Sea Center. The aquarium's second floor reeked of dead fish because of the dolphin carcass display. Ewww! It was cool playing with starfishes and sea cucumbers though.

We later toured the Santa Barbara Mission. The above outfit picture was actually taken in the mission's cemetery, which was a creepy place that one would hate to be alone at. We were pretty tired after walking the mission grounds, so we skipped shopping, grabbed some snacks at the gas station and headed back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I nominated you so go advertise it.

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/

Best Shopping BLog Category

There wasn't a fashion one..