3.16.2006

frocktails


Along with Paula Abdul, Melissa George, Emmanuelle Vaugier, Shanna Moakler... I toasted the opening of Leona Edmiston at the Sunset Plaza on Tuesday night.

Leona's frocks are colorful and full of mix matched patterns and prints. They're casual and comfortable, yet elegant. Very day/night versatile.
I loved, loved this pleated sea mist dress, but it retails for $345. I did get a gift card, but unfortunately $75 just isn't going to get that dress into my closet.

Her runway show looked amazing (and this is just me viewing it on an overhead projector). Models carried large cocktail glasses and donned intricate bird nest hairstyles. The stage was modeled like a large grassy field with blooming flowers, where the models frolicked with paper lanterns.

In the gift bag, there was a Leona scarf (I got a pink with brown polka dots one, while my +1 got a navy blue with white squiggles one), Australian licorice, cookies, a three day pass to Equinox, a coupon for Rolling in Douch cookies, the newest issue of GenLux, and a $75 gift card good towards a Leona frock. Is someone out there willing to give me $270, so I can buy the pleated sea mist dress?


They served Pomtinis, wine, delicious tofu spring rolls and crab cakes. Yum! I wanted the whole tray of spring rolls all to myself.

Thanks to Sadie and Allie at KM&A for the invite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, just lovely!