3.30.2006

sew down: the alternative fashion show

I wasn't too impressed with the runway show at Sew Down. The designs were too raw and too edgy for my taste. There were 15 designers with at least 6 looks each and only one outfit caught my eye. The outfit (right) was from Chica Boom and like the label's tagline, it looked cute, cozy and cool. I'm pretty sure I can replicate this look easily. I was thinking about sewing some big buttons to my old yoga pants and then throwing on a striped shirt, suspenders, and nautical themed necklaces and I'll be good to go. This outfit is great for lounging around the house and for going out.

The next day, I checked Wire Image to see if any famous people attended Sew Down that I had missed. The only famous celeb that attended was Kelly Hu. As I was cropping this image of my other favorite thing from Sew Down, gorgeous slouchy boots (left), Kelly Hu's face appears... How freaky! By the look on her face, it seems that she loves the boots too! I actually bought a similar pair in navy blue yesterday from my church for $5!

Even though the clothing was a big disappointment for me, I loved the hair and makeup by Gods & Heroes. The girls had glam pony tails teased at the crown and both guys and gals had stand-out makeup. I loved the gold flakes that they had outlining the corners of the eyes.

Another unique thing that I noticed were the tattoos that ran down the back leg of one of the models. They were of a hand of cards and then the spade, clover, diamond, and heart symbols. Super cool!

In the gift bag: Heartbeat Ts, Voss water, LA.com Cosmo Deck ($15 Gift Cards @ 52 of LA's Best Restaurants), Bodog.com playing cards, Chica Boom bag, and Gods & Heroes travel shampoo pack. I can't wait to use the restaurant gift cards. Besides clothes, I also love food.

Thanks to Kara for the invite!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn you and your free grab bags.

I like the Hearbeat Tees!

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://viqgzypk.com/geom/gcnw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jerzcmma.com/dwyo/xpxf.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://viqgzypk.com/geom/gcnw.html | http://clpzufqf.com/tosd/iwqo.html