7.27.2006

outfitting: right on target with paul & joe

Esprit Navy Blue Dress:
- @ Marshalls
- The navy blue color, the high waist and the slight pleating of the skirt makes this dress look as though it came from the closet of a little girl attending an all girls academy. I love it! I think the next time I wear this dress, I'll pair it with a peter pan collared shirt and without a belt.

Wide Striped Belt:
- $0.79 @ Baras Thrift Store
- I told you I had tons of belts.

George White and Gold Chain Necklace:
- $9.97 @ Wal-Mart
- See Playing with Bits of Gold

I just bought a ton of clothes and I feel great! Although my wallet begs to differ. To celebrate the launch of the third installment to Target's Go International line, Paul & Joe designer Sophie Albou (who was this adorable woman in a summery P&J lace dress and despite being from Paris, had a California tan and platinum blonde locks) hosted an evening of private shopping at a temporary (30-day) boutique on Melrose Place. The pop-up boutique featured all of the P&J designs together at one time and all in one place. I had complete access to the entire collection four days before its release in stores! I was ecstatic! Plus, champagne (served in Target glasses) and delicious hors d'oeuvres (caviar!) were being passed out as I shopped. All the fashionistas were gorgeously dressed. Not only was I perusing the clothes, I was also checking out what everyone else was wearing.

I ended up purchasing: Short-Sleeve Jersey Polo in Ebony, Short-Sleeve Pintuck Woven Top in Classic Ivory, Cap-Sleeve Ballerina Thermal Screen Tee in Juicy Guava, Wool Multi-Plaid Poncho, Owl Pin, Turtle Pin, Large Multi-Plaid Owl Purse, and Chunky Cashmere Poncho. I love the peter pan collar of the two tops and the owl and ballerina prints are so fresh and playful. The ponchos exemplify the quintessential Parisian gal. Even though the temperature was at least 85 degrees, the wool sweaters and handbags were disappearing like hotcakes. The workers had to constantly refill the shelves and racks. The P&J collection felt elegant and grown-up, while still having that girly and feminine quality.

Celeb sighting: Kristen Bell (cute as pie), Ali Landry (gorgeous!), Blake Lively (super sweet), Kimberly Stewart (why are her boobs touching her chin?), and Heidi from "The Hills" (Bolthouse Productions produced the event, so shouldn't she be working or something?). And yes, there was a gift bag: P&J brown tote, Target blank greeting cards, and a Target compact.

As I write this, the only remorse I feel is not buying everything I wanted. So when I get paid this week, I will head to Target to get: Ripe Berry Twist-Front Dress, P&J Logo V-Neck Sweater, and White Belted Leather Jacket.

No comments: