7.15.2006

outfitting: swinging in tara jarmon

Tara Jarmon Milky Way Colorblock Sun Dress:
- $34.99 @ Target
- I was so excited to get this dress and now I finally have it! I gave up looking for the dress in my size (the Tara Jarmon and Luella lines for Target run smaller than actual sizes), until I was on a random trip to Target and Megan found the dress (that fits me) hanging in the lingerie section. Yah! The cotton material is thin, but that's expected from the price tag and besides, the weather has been over 100 degrees so the lighter the cotton the better. This is definitely a babydoll style dress, where the bust is tight, the waistline high, and the skirt very full. On some figures, it may look a bit like a maternity dress. I feel the diametric opposite of a pregnant woman when wearing this dress. It feels very youthful, innocence, girly, fresh and romantic. I like the princess neckline cut and the vibrant colors, especially the bluish-grape.

Vintage Blue Elastic Belt with Gold Buckle:
- $1.25 @ Baras Thrift Store
- Because the dress is from Target and sold out everywhere, I figured there are about a gazillion gals strolling around the nation in the exact same dress. Therefore, I wore the dress with this belt to give it an obvious yet simple change.
- See Polking Around DDCLab

Light & Dark Blue Beaded Necklaces:
- @ UCP Thrift Store (Light)
- $1.00 @ Baras Thrift Store (Dark)
- The contrasting shades of blue of these necklaces really complement each other. These necklaces are both necessary and frivolous-exactly as jewelry should be.

H&M Metal Bangles:
- @ H&M
- See Playing with Bits of Gold

Bronze Clutch:
- $1.99 @ Goodwill
- I like this clutch because it has a streamlined look and along with his shiny metallic color makes it feel very elegant. It's the perfect size to carry my wallet, phone, and camera.

Xhilaration Gold Ballet Flats:
- Kidnapped from Annie
- Hopefully, Annie will not notice that I've had these flats for almost two months now! They're sooo comfy and easy to slip on and off.
- See Monarchy Tuesday


For all the dirty minds out there, I am not sitting on a sex swing! The swing is part of the Spider-Man section of the Comics Exhibition at the California Science Center. The exhibition was pretty lame and definitely not worth the pricey admission. I did have fun with Emil and Kayla though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! my first thought was "is chrissy sitting in a sex swing?!?!"

you know us too well!!!