5.08.2006

daily outfitting: playing with bits of gold

Luella for Target Puff Sleeve White Tee:
- $14.99 @ Target
- See Easter Sunday

Tara Jarmon for Target Layered Racerback Tank in Brimstone Gray:
- $16.99 @ Target
- I totally copied this look from the Tara Jarmon ads. This tank's ruched style is fun and feminine. I've never seen this unique design before on any shirt. On one side of the tank, there's a tab of ribbon fabric. It's simple, yet I really, really like this detail. It's like one of those finishing touches that completes the tank. Along with the puff sleeve tee and bermuda shorts, this tank is a great summer item.

A&F
Darby Denim Shorts:
- $59.60 @ Abercrombie & Fitch
- See Ode to Abercrombie

George White and Gold Chain Necklace:
- $9.97 @ Wal-Mart
- When I was planning this outfit out in my head (yes, I do that), I imagined that this necklace would be longer and that it would go over the gray tank, which will make the white/gold links pop. When I actually put it on, it was shorter than I had expected, so the white blends in with my white shirt. The necklace, despite not working as planned with this oufit, has an industrial feel to it, but still very cute and fancy. I love how it's made of metal instead of plastic. The plastic necklaces look cheap to me and takes away from the whole 'chain-as-a-necklace' style.

H&M
Metal Bangles:
- @ H&M
- I got these bangles when I went up to SF a couple of weekends ago. The H&M store was so crowded that I didn't buy any article of clothing because the fitting room lines were Disneyland long. I was annoyed. I just bought a few accessories. These bangles come in different shades of metal: silver, gold, and copper. I like the clinking noise they make. Gold jewelry goes with almost any color, especially for this summer and fall.

Jennifer Swii Greek Lace-Up Sandals:
- @ Urban Outfitters (used the gift card Tina gave me for my '05 birthday to get these)
- I feel like Cleopatra when I wear these sandals. I lovelovelove them!

No comments: