12.02.2006

outfitting: december nights in san diego

XOXO Black Knit Blazer:
- @ Nordstrom
- I've had this blazer for a long time. It's basic and comfortable, but I can do without the pink lining on the inside now that it's become wrinkly from all the washes. I need a new black blazer, probably something less casual, more fitted and sophisticated.

Behnaz Sarafpour Gold Silk Ruffled Blouse:
- $39.99 @ Target
- A lot of people think this long-sleeve shirt looks "old," but I love the warm gold color and the ultra-feminine fabric.

Old Navy Black Bermuda Shorts:
- $11.00 @ Old Navy Outlet
- See Team Aniston

Ellen Tracy Black Neutral Territory Handbag:
- $99.99 @ Marshalls
- See Marching with Penguins, Surprise at Shakey's, Birds, Birds, Birds Everywhere and Pretty Badass Princess Skulls

Payless Fioni Black Suede Slouchy Flat Boots:
- $34.99 @ Payless
- I bought these boots after I saw how good they looked on Amy. I love that they're flats! The boots look good with everything: jeans, tights, shorts, skirts.

The entire city of San Diego flocked to Balboa Park for the annual December Nights celebration. The traffic towards downtown was bumper-to-bumper horrible and the parking was even worse. Emil drove separately and gave up on looking for a spot and headed home. We parked at the McDonald's across from my old high school and trekked to the park.

There were tons of food booths selling all kinds of yummies. I wanted funnel cake, but the line was way too long. Instead we all shared kettle corn, hot cider, caramel apple wedges and chili in a bowl. Our family enjoys food! A few of the museums were opened with free admission. We took Britannia to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. We didn't stay long because the swarms of people made the place stuffy and smelly, two things that I dislike.

No comments: