10.28.2006

outfitting: v&r ties the knot with h&m

Free People Silk Jumper:
- $118.00 @ Macy's
- I love the detailing of this dress most. The gold and magenta blossom print and the brown piping are eye-catching and the brass buttons and front flap pockets give it a "Home Sweet Home" effect. The dress is cut almost like a cooking apron. I've actually been searching for an actual apron. There are adorably stylish ones at Kitsch'n Glam, but they're a bit pricey for aprons.

Ellemeno Brown Tunic:
- $3.48 @ Mervyn's
- If worn alone this top may look a bit hippie, but it's good for layering.

A&F Brown Leggings:
- @ Abercrombie & Fitch
- I bought these at A&F during the Christmas 2002 season when Heidi Klum was the quarterly's centerfold. That was when I first started to wear leggings and people thought I dressed oddly.

Payless "Koincidence" Oxford Bone Lace-Up Shoes:
- Originally $19.99, with BOGO deal: $9.99 @ Payless
- I headed over to Payless to check out the Abaeté collection and just as Geraldine had said, it was pretty disappointing and not pretty at all (The Winter collection is looking good so far. I want the Xavier cocktail ankle boots! I still have faith!). My visit to Payless was not all in vain though, because I bought a pair of flat suede boots and these Victorian-inspired tailored oxford heels. I love the lace-up bootie style and the best part is the great support!

Xhilaration Ivory Fold Clutch:
- $12.99 @ Target
- Why it's an oxymoron, a giant coin purse. Wait, I did use that term correctly right?


The Wedding Celebration for the Marriage of Viktor & Rolf with H&M:

I was super excited about this back in May. Imagine how I feel now....

A white carpet strewed with petals wrapped around a centerpiece fountain. Photographers and reporters stood on the edge of the carpet. In between celebrity arrivals, press was actually fed served sandwiches, salad, pasta and cookies. Never before have I seen press treated this well by a PR company. Kudos to bluPRint!

The multiple story mansion entry was flanked with large vases filled with white roses. Guests were led through the hallway all the way to the mansion's backyard, where the party was held.

I thought this champagne tower was pretty impressive. I remember trying to build my own champagne tower at a New Year's Eve party a few years ago. My tower wasn't as tall, the flutes were plastic and champagne spilled everywhere, but I don't think anyone cared because it was the New Year and we were all tipsy.

A flat screen TV above a fireplace aired the Viktor & Rolf for H&M commercial on rotation. Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren along with their campaign model, Raquel Zimmerman, stood upon a flower-adorned platform above the pool to greet their guests as they entered the party.

Zimmerman modeled an exclusive wedding gown from the collection, which will retail for under $400. The dress looked great on the model, but not everyone can pull off wearing a gown with a large floppy bow.

Beethoven, Madonna's "Like a Virgin," and Beyoncé's "Crazy in Love" were amongst the variety of songs the nine piece orchestra played throughout the night.

Underneath the white pleated silk tent and giant chandeliers, there was a four-tiered wedding cake complete with a grooms and bride topper. The cake was the perfect backdrop for the runway show.

I thought the runway show was a huge success. The clothes looked great and the models looked like they were having fun. The guys were all clones of Viktor & Rolf and sporting cheesy smiles. But of course the stars of the night were the Dutch design duo. I thought V&R looked awfully adorable up on that runway. It's me taking photos and Emil admiring the snazzy outfits.

The fashion show ended in a flurry of white linen petals blown over the crowd like snowfall.

White-gloved waiters began to cut the giant cake as the few petals fell to the ground. I skipped the cake because I was already on a sugar high from all the passed desserts I nibbled on throughout the evening.

This was one of the most extravagant weddings (albeit fake) I've ever attended. I had a really good time!


The star-studded guest list:
- Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen
- Kanye West
- Owen Wilson
- Christina Milian
- Carmen Electra
- Chloe Sevigny
- Mia Maestro
- Reggie Miller
- Alison Lohman
- Shanna Moakler
- Pete Wentz
- Kate Walsh
- China Chow


In the gift bag:
- Framed photo of Viktor & Rolf and Raquel Zimmerman
- H&M Magazine
- 20% H&M discount card

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS! I wish San Diego had an H&M. I plan to go there some time next week but I don't want to go if there's nothing to get :( Any other recommended places to hit up to cure post-finals syndrome?