9.04.2006

outfitting: you may now kiss the bride

BCBG Max Azria Dark Camel Plaid Taffeta Bubble Dress:
- $258.00 @ Macy's
- The light and poufy silk taffeta fabric makes this dress truly a party girl dress. I like
the silhouette that the bubble hem creates. The dress can be worn as a halter or strapless. The camel plaid print is perfect for fall and is neutral enough to be layered with autumn hues for a warm, cozy fall look. I thought the color and style of this dress was the perfect combo to wear to an end of summer wedding.

Bronze Clutch:
- $1.99 @ Goodwill
- See Cute Outfit Wasted on Lame Party and Swinging in Tara Jarmon

Urban Renewal Ring:
- $1.99 @ Urban Outfitters
- I love the crafty quality of this ring. Its funky design is an eye-catcher. The brown and gold stripes match with this dress perfectly and I think the red sequins ties the entire look together. Plus, red was the wedding's theme color.

Nine West Elirissa Leather and Wood Platform Sandals:
- $29.99 @ Marshalls
- These platform sandals are actually really comfortable because the heel is wide and the sole is slightly padded and curved, so that my feet sort of roll forward in them. I love shoes that give me height without hurting my feet. This pair is a Chloé look-alike, so they would also look great with socks!

Larry's wedding was held in the Santa Monica mountains above Malibu at Calamigos Ranch. Yesterday evening's ceremony was set underneath a large oak tree next to a cascading waterfall. It was fairytale beautiful and happily ever after romantic.

Of course, Larry's bride was gorgeous in her wedding gown. She also has a killer bod, so I'm sure any gown would've still look fab on her. The bridesmaids' dresses were deep red and each dress was slightly different from one another. I loved the bouquets! I think they were made of calla lilies. The bright yellow, with reddish/orange blotches, color of the flowers were a perfect match with the bridesmaids' dresses.

Baby Otis was at the wedding too! He wore cute little baby blue knit shorts and bright red shoes. Omigosh, he was adorable! He was playing hide-n-seek with me! I wanted to gobble him up (
is it weird that I keep wanting to eat babies?)! I wish I had taken a picture with him.

I had a wonderful time and am very thankful to have shared in such a joyous occasion. Congrats and great big hugs to both
Larry and Carrie!

No comments: