10.18.2006

outfitting: day 1 with evisu

Rene Kasmer Flower Print Pink Dress:
- $1.00 @ Holy Family Christian Closet
- Thoeun calls this the "Chinese Mail Order Bride" dress, but such a description makes me love it more! The dress actually goes a little pass my knees, but I pinned it up to make it shorter and so that I can show off my white leggings. I love the dress' versatility, the bright colors and the light, satin-like fabric.

White Leggings:
- $7.99 @ Marshalls
- Taking a cue from Rachel Zoe, I accessorized a printed summer dress with leggings. I got a lot of compliments on my white leggings in a sea of black ones, especially because I wore them over the ball of my foot so they kind of looked like stir-ups.

White Patent Leather Clutch:
- $2.00 @ Baras Thrift Store
- See YMI Royalty Fashion Show

Turquoise Plastic Hoop Earrings:
- $1.99 @ Urban Outfitters
- See Project Santino

Seychelles She's Back Turquoise Leather Sandals:
- $25.99 @ Marshalls
- I'll have a better picture in future posts where you can actually see these heels. The color and they style give off an 80's retro vibe. The heel isn't too high which is good, but the straps lost its support after a few wears so the sandals have a loose fit now.

I wanted to head to the first day of LA Fashion Week early this morning (Sunday), but things came up and I didn't meet up with John until seven o'clock. I came just in time to catch the Evisu show.

The Evisu show opened up with two musicians banging on Japanese drums against an urban Tokyo skyline backdrop and then a shirtless male model came down the runway in slouchy jeans and carrying denim blocks that spelled out E-V-I-S-U. The collection is a blend of premium denim, funky fits and Japanese silk.


My favorites were the starch white trench with matching gloves and the black denim twisted halter dress. The audience cheered at the sight of a Samurai headdress and the flowing silk Kimono top that closed the show.

Inside the small red gift bag, which reminded me of the ly sy envelopes we get during Vietnamese New Year, there was an Evisu catalog and two bottles of deluxe Evisu body wash (Rock and Forever). I also got a free sample of Smashbox eye shadow from the nice girl at the photo booth.

The Smashbox photo booth has to be the best thing ever! I love it! I take at least half a dozen photo strips each time. John thinks I'm nuts, but I know he enjoys it as much as I do. I'm not denying that I'm a picture-whore! The first step is admitting you have a problem...


During the show I spotted Rex Lee across the runway in the front row. Why does this man go to as many fashion shows as me?


Dr. Torres from "Grey's Anatomy" looks hot with straight hair.

No comments: