10.06.2006

outfitting: museums free-for-all

Paul & Joe Wool Multi-Plaid Poncho:
- $59.99 @ Target
- I was glad that Sunday turned out to be a colder day with some light rain because it finally gave me the opportune time to wear this wool poncho! I like the different colors of the plaid fabric, which can be mixed and matched with tons of stuff. The sleeves can be unbuttoned for a cape look.
- See Right on Target with Paul & Joe

Levi's Boot Cut Stretch Jeans:
- @ Mervyn's
- I've had these jeans forever, so they're pretty worn in. They're stretchy, soft and very comfortable.

Levi's Green Denim Clutch:
- @ Wetseal
- I completely forgot that I had this clutch until I found it amongst other purses I've forgotten about in my big suitcase. Cleaning has its rewards! I love the green color and the Levi's signature durability.

This past Sunday (10/1) marked the second annual "Museums Free-For-All" event. Emil loves going to museums, so we each picked a museum to go to.

Emil's choice was the Autry National Center's Museum of the American West because he took an American West history class awhile back. He really enjoyed learning about
Lewis and Clark and cowboys and Indians. The museum was small, but I liked being able to take pictures inside. The gun gallery was pretty neat and the Yosemite exhibit had gorgeous photographs and paintings.

I chose to go to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) because I wanted to check out the "Breaking the Mode: Contemporary Fashion from the Permanent Collection" exhibit. I thoroughly enjoyed this exhibit, but it sucked that I wasn't allowed to take pictures. My favorites were vintage dresses from Karl Lagerfeld and Jean-Paul Gaultier. Emil thought that the jacket that was made to look like a Japanese futon (comforter) was pretty interesting. We were both surprised to see the ridiculously tiny waistline of a corset from the 1400s, which inspired Vivienne Westwood in the 80s.

No comments: