5.12.2006

abaeté, viktor & rolf for the fall

I'm really looking forward to the fall for two very important occasions:

1. The first-ever designer footwear collection Abaeté for Payless ShoeSource will be available in stores in September.

The four styles that Payless will be releasing are: Sky boot, Oliver pump, Casey flat, and Luke evening sandal. They will range anywhere between $25 to $45. At those prices, I am for sure getting all four styles. Laura Poretzky, the designer of Abaeté, is an emerging designer of ready-to-wear clothing. Like these shoes, her designs are feminine and simple. Since I'm planning on buying only four pairs of shoes from this collection, my one dilemma will be which color do I buy? These Oliver pumps are super sexy! I love the gray pair, but I also love the polka dot pair. Oh and the red pair is ultimate hotness! What is a girl to do?

2. The Viktor & Rolf for H&M collection will be available in stores in November.

Following the footsteps of Karl Lagerfield and Stella McCartney, Viktor & Rolf has collaborated with H&M to design a one-time collection of women's and men's wear. Viktor & Rolf are known for their daringly modern twist on tailored clothing and runway shows. Their latest runway show had models donning mesh face masks. Although the mask thing is a bit scary, I loved their fall collection. I am really excited to see (and, of course, buy) this collection. My first experience at H&M while I was in NY was splendid and I'm glad they finally are opening stores in the west coast. Though my trip to the SF store was annoying (see Playing with Bits of Gold), I am more than willing to rush up north again to get my hands on Viktor & Rolf (the Stella McCartney collection sold out within hours! ). Unless the rumors of an H&M store opening up in LA suddenly come true in November, you can bet on me being in SF on a chilly day in November next to a gazillion other crazed and obsessed fashionistas.

I love the idea of mixing high end merchadise with mass market values. That's why I love designer collaborations. I'm also a sucker for things that are 'limited' or 'exclusive.'

No comments: