4.19.2006

daily outfitting: monarchy tuesday

No Boundaries Denim Vest:
- $12.98 @ Wal-Mart
- I must confess that going to Wal-Mart is a guilty pleasure of mine. I go there on the weekends with my sisters at around 10:30pm. It’s become a family affair, where sometimes the cousins will join us too. We never really buy that much stuff there. I think it’s just fun to browse around there because there is nothing else open that late. Once in a while Megan will get a pair of Jordache jeans, Kayla will find a pair of Levi’s that she actually fits, or the resident skinny Minnie will get a skirt or top from the Olsen twins. This vest is the first item of clothing I got for myself from Wal-Mart. I like the cut and fit. It hugs the body well. For a denim vest, it doesn’t look too cowboy western. Plus, I think it looks good with the bubble skirt.

Abercrombie & Fitch Beaded Tank:
- @ Abercrombie & Fitch
- This top is about 2 years old and so the beads are starting to fall off. It’s a good clubbing top if worn alone.

Xhilaration Black Bubble Skirt:
- $12.99 @ Target
- Bubble skirts are trendy right now. I think the style is cute as long as it’s short. The longer ones look ridiculous. And never wear with leggings. That’s just bad. I’ve worn this skirt with a t-shirt and hoodie before too.

Amy Brown Water Element Faerie Necklace & Metal Cuff Bracelet:
- Gift from Nator
- I went through a period of my life where I was totally obsessed with Amy Brown's artwork. I’m really into mythical creatures like fairies, pixies, mermaids, sirens, unicorns… I get a lot of compliments when I wear the necklace and bracelet. I don’t usually wear them both at the same time, but this outfit works well with both.

Xhilaration Silver Ballet Flats:
- @ Target
- I’m a total California girl. I practically live in flip-flops. These flats have replaced my usual flip-flops. They are so comfortable and convenient. I can slip them on really fast to take out the trash or wear them out to an event.

On Tuesday night I went to the Monarchy Collection Launch Party at m.fredric in Studio City. The Monarchy line is very casual. Their tees, hoodies, denim are distressed, edgy and have a lot of stitching and graphic detail. I really like their men’s clothing. It’s stylish, casual, very rocker-punk. My favorites were these gray and purple pinstripe slacks, plaid shorts, and a pinstripe white zip-up. The women’s clothing was alright. There wasn’t really anything new or fancy. Just the usual suspects: jeans, graphic tees and tanks… Star sighting (I use the word star loosely here): Perez Hilton with tons of eyeliner and Rick Yun, who actually talked to me but I didn’t recognize him. Also there was Kelly Hu, Shannon Elizabeth’s ex-hubby, and Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite.

In the gift bag: Monarchy trucker hats (I like the brown velvet one best), mini bottle of Krol Vodka, Optimus (I have no idea who this is) CD, $15 gift card for the Courtyard, free dessert sampler at the Courtyard, and chapstick from SavvyMiss.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://dhwakqex.com/qqzy/tvxq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://blzjcjms.com/fxbm/pwxm.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://dhwakqex.com/qqzy/tvxq.html | http://hapvnycv.com/artd/kfqc.html