6.07.2006

daily outfitting: polking around ddclab

Xhilaration Polka Dot Tunic Tee in Black & White:
- $8.99 @ Target
- I love the big polka dots on this shirt. It reminds me of the level in Super Mario Bros. where everything is gigantic. The polka dots are bold, fun and eye-catching.

Gold Leaf Earrings

- $1.25 @ AĆ©ropostale
- I couldn't believe these were only a buck twenty-five! Leaf jewelry was seen on Jennifer Aniston in "The Break-Up." These gold leaf earrings add a touch of simple elegance.

Ezekiel White Soft Leather Hobo:
- From the Dean

- See I Scream For Ice Cream and Walking the Vegas Strip


Vintage Pink Elastic Belt with Gold Buckle:
- $1.25 @ Baras Thrift Store
- The ridges of the belt buckle match with the ridges of the leaf earrings. The belt gives the black and white outfit a dose of color. This belt can be added to any outfit to accentuate the waistline. I got a good bargain for this belt because similar ones are being sold on various vintage web stores and eBay for $8+. I bought 7 of these belts in varying colors and belt buckles all in one swoop. If something is cheap and cute, I can't help it.

Mossimo Black Skinny Jeans:
- $22.99 @ Target
- See Birds, Bird, Birds Everywhere and St. Patrick's Day

Mossimo Black Diego Flats:
- $23.99 @ Target
- See Pretty Badass Princess Skulls and Stoked at the Delfina



I dragged Emil to the opening of the DDCLab store on Melrose. The store is spacious and the mannequins hang from the ceiling. The clothing looked like futuristic combat uniforms. The line uses a unique combination of fabrics from silk/rubber to raw leather/poplin. The clothes look and felt like they would be uncomfortable to wear, but the designs are rebellious and wild which puts it at the forefront of cutting edge fashion.

My favorite item at the store was not an article of clothing, but a plate. I love the yellow of the dress. I want the entire set.

Celeb sightings: Bijou Phillips boogying down with Perez Hilton and DJ Samantha Ronson in a sophisticated yet sexy vest/slack set and Shannon Elizabeth.


In the gift bag:
DDCLab mini water of bottle, DDCLab 'Into the Stratosphere' Runway Show DVD, DDCLab 15% off coupon, 944 Magazine, and a long-sleeve DDCLab shirt. They were also giving out PF Flyers in the VIP bag, but I didn't get one. Emil was very upset about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Emil! He finally made it on your website! haha...

chrissy said...

haha! his back!