8.14.2006

death cab for cutie at the greek

My co-worker's friend got a pair of free tickets to the Death Cab for Cutie concert tonight at the Greek from one of her clients, but she fell ill and gave the tickets to me! Woo hoo (not her getting sick, but me getting to see Death Cab)!


Seeing Death Cab at the Greek was a really cool experience. The Greek is an outdoor venue, so it was a bit chilly but being in Griffith Park beneath the stars, tucked between the trees and listening to Death Cab was quite a treat. Death Cab sounded great live. They performed their songs in an upbeat tempo. They totally rocked out! People were out of their seats dancing along. They were successful in transforming their intimate, low-key sound to fit the large stadium proportions.


Working for MTV has spoiled me. I usually get to see performances from the pit, so I thought the seats were extremely far. I could barely see the band. I still enjoyed the show despite the distance. I thought the set lighting and stage background were gorgeous.

We (me and my roomie) missed Mates of State, but caught the tail end of Spoon.

No comments: