8.11.2006

outfitting: milk does a body good

A&F Tie-Back Cami:
- @ Abercrombie & Fitch
- This cami is one of my favorites because of the doily embroidered details and the babydoll cut. I love to pair it with different belts. I also really like this dark, rich teal color.

Purple Leather Belt w/ Gold Buckle:
- $0.79 @ Baras Thrift Store
- The color purple will be huge this season. The purple paired with gold makes for a regal color combination. I think the belt can work for both day and evening looks.

Loop NYC Straw Maryanne Clutch:
- $3.00 @ Marshalls
- See Easter Sunday

Marciano Grape Cordial Shorts:
- $19.47@ Guess
- I still cannot believe I bought these shorts for less than $20! Love’em!

BCBGirls Gold Peep Toe Heels:
- $29.99 @ Marshalls
- See Party to the Xtreme

Peacock Feather Earrings:
- I don’t remember where I bought these earrings. The Forever 21 in SF perhaps?
- I love the vibrant colors of the peacock’s feathers. They shades are bold and vibrant. And these earrings are literally light as feathers!

Lucky Magazine threw a party to celebrate their September issue and LA Shopping Guide last night at Milk boutique. I’m a shopaholic (duh!), so shopping parties are right up my alley.

Milk is a cozy, but spacious boutique filled with the most fashion-forward dresses and separates. The décor is vintage-inspired with clothes spilling out of suitcases and trunks and pairs of shoes sit atop piles of old books. One of the shop’s walls is the map of Cuba circa 1930 and another wall has a giant quote from R. Somerset Vaughn printed on it. The shelves are decorated with empty milk bottles and a park bench is set at the front window.

The party was brimmed with cutely-dressed gals, most with wine glass in hand and munching on brownie bites and miniature cookies. I’m not really a sweets person, but the brownies were yummy! Celeb sighting: Michelle Trachtenberg (her skin reminds me of milk, how fitting!), Zooey Deschanel (in her usual black tights/black shoes), Elizabeth Banks, Jeri Ryan, Shiva Rose McDermott, Shiri Appleby and Caroline D’Amore. I thought it was odd that Lucky's September cover girl, Eva Mendes wasn’t at the event. Perhaps she is somewhere promoting her new movie. The party ended early with gift bags being passed out by eight and the red carpet broken down shortly after. In the gift bag: a very large orange Lucky tote bag, September issue of Lucky Magazine, Lotus Green Tea Pomegranate lip balm, and Stephanie Johnson Sanibel Starfish zip pouches (3).

I fell in love with an Aquascutum dress, but its price tag was way out of my league.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute in this picture!

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit. Did you see Shiri up close? she's adorable.

chrissy said...

thanks liz!

shiri was cute, very petite.

Anonymous said...

you look so freaking cute!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, this is one of my favorite outfits on you :)