8.16.2006

outfitting: good vibes surround aura

Tramp Flower Print Button-Up Shirtdress:
- $16.99 @ Marshalls
- This dress shrank a bit in the dryer, so I paired it with leggings. I like the simple, black rose print. The puff sleeves are cute and the button-up dress style is flattering on gals with wide hips (i.e. me). I wore red heels with this outfit because I think it's an understated way of adding a touch of color to an otherwise black and white outfit.


Express Black Leggings:
- @ Express
- See For You Blue

Black Patent Leather Belt:
- $0.79 @ Baras Thrift Store
- See Party to the Xtreme and Stoked at the Delfina

Red Stuart Weitzman for Mr. Seymour Heels:
- $5.50 @ National Council of Jewish Women Thrift Store
- See Birthday Dinner and Painting the Town Red

After work, I picked up Emil and we headed over to Santa Monica to attend a cocktail party for the grand opening of Aura. Aura is a stylish new boutique that carries designers like Zac Posen, Erin Fetherston, and Peter Som. The boutique's exterior is vacant of a store sign or awning, but inside the store is decorated with art from the Peter Fetterman Gallery complete with a modern/mid-century living room-like space in the center of it all. The party was hosted by Aura's owner, Kristin T. Eberts, and Amy Smart. Shiri Appleby was also there in a like Zac Posen black cocktail dress. She was running around taking pictures with her digital camera with her parents in tow.

We sipped on lychee and peach martinis, bellinis, and glasses of white wine and snacked on mini cheeseburgers, mini caesar salad cups, and goat cheese with nuts and grapes. The boutique was pretty small, so behind the store there was a small tent area set up for guests.

My favorite dress in the store was a doll-like black dress with pink heart-shaped buttons from Erin Fetherston.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore Shiri, she looked gorgeous in that dress. Amy is so cute. Tell me more about Shiri, I hear she's a sweetie.

chrissy said...

Both Shiri and Amy looked good in their Zac Posen dresses. I actually saw Shiri's dress on the rack before I saw her in it and I already loved it. It's simple and elegant.

Shiri is childhood friends with the owner of Aura. She was really friendly to all the guests and you could really tell that she was supportive of her friend.