5.22.2006

jovovich-hawk flies into my heart

Milla Jovovich can seriously kick some zombie ass. Not to mention, she looks super hot doing it. But besides modeling and acting, she's also a great fashion designer (that's way more than I can say for most celebs-turned-designers). Milla and her fellow model friend Carmen Hawk, joined forces three years ago to create the clothing line Jovovich-Hawk. I first heard about the line from an interview with Rachel Bilson where she raves about the Jovovich-Hawk dress she wore. I immediately fell in love. Jovovich-Hawk definitely tops my list of favorites. I love the use of uber-feminine fabrics. The dresses are sweet, quirky and vintage-inspired.

I will not own any of this stuff anytime in the near future because I am poor. But I will definitely be taking some styling cues from the spring/summer 2006 collection which looks romantic, elegant, and fun. I especially like the mint heels in the second picture. The ruffly apron, pinafore-like dresses are unique and the pink jumper is perfect school-girl chic. Not many people like leggings, but I personally think they rock and are cute with dresses. My favorite item from the collection is the white tube dress with the purple sash at the bust line and weaved ribbon at the bottom. I'm going to try the sash at the bust line look.

No comments: