5.04.2006

marc jacobs likes his vans

Marc Jacobs likes his Vans so much that he decided to collaborate with the popular skater sneaker company. The highly anticipated Marc Jacobs Vans collection has finally arrived and is available at Aloha Rag. The collection includes slip-ons and SK8 Old Skool hi- and lo- tops in 15 different prints and color combinations.

My favorite pair is the crossword puzzle slip-ons that spell out Marc Jacobs with the hot pink sole. I think this design is ingenious and quirky without being too flashy. My other picks are the enamel leather SK8 hi-tops in black and aqua with a mustard-colored sole and the SK8 lo-tops in brown and navy with the green sole.

I was late discovering these kicks because the slip-ons are completely sold out and the SK8s are only available in size 12 and 13. Lame! On eBay the crossword puzzle style in my size is selling for $165 (on Aloha Rag they were only $85)! Boo! I don't have the luxury of paying that much for a pair of sneakers.











Maybe I'll get the Prison Issue 23 Vans from Urban Outfitters instead. They remind me of "Prison Break" and that reminds me of my boyfriend Wentworth Miller, which is always, always a GREAT thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love these old school vans as well.. super comfy.. but the old school models should never be more than $20. when I was in junior i could buy these for $15. they should stay true to their roots!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah and if the designer was really hip.. he would put a soduko puzzle on a pair.. i bet you that would sell like hot cakes!