5.30.2006

daily outfitting: tom cruise would approve

Striped Dress:
- $1 @ The Christian Closet
- The stitching and the quality of this dress leads me to believe that it was handmade. I like the colors and the print on the fabric. The colors are subdued and besides the stripes print there are large light yellow flowers on the side of the dress. The dress is pretty big on me, but with a belt it fits comfortably. I think it's a fun, casual dress and for one dollar it's a great bargain.


Calderon Brown Leather Belt:
- $1 @ Goodwill
- See Casual Saturday

Brown Leather Purse:
- $0.10 @ The Christian Closet
- I bought this purse for $0.60, but I found two quarters inside. Score! The purse is in excellent condition. I like how it has tons of pockets.

Xhilaration Ariane White Woven Flats:
- $18.99 @ Target
- I always wanted a pair of white flats. These look really cute, but I have to wear them with a band-aid because the edge rubs against the back of my ankle and hurts. I don't recommend these for walking. I'm sure they will be better once I break them in some more.


May 20th was the best super-duper fun Saturdays I've had in a long while.

We started the day in Culver City at the Museum of Design Art and Architecture where we attended the Original Trends fashion and lifestyle event. There were a few unique vendors, but also lots of crappy, tacky vendors. I didn't buy anything, but Sweta and I got some neat ideas for DIY projects. One day we are totally going to make wrist sash watches! The gift bag was filled with pretty random items (and was supposedly worth $180, but I highly doubt that): Adore Shop magazine, LA.com Cosmo Deck ($15 Gift Cards @ 52 of LA's Best Restaurants), Moodivations bath tea, bag of cheap makeup, Spongelle body wash infused sponge, Chantilly Baby cookies, a necklace, mini containers of bath body polish, bright pink soap in odd shapes, and a few useless gift cards. The event was way over-hyped. Even the food and drinks ran out before we got there! I'm glad I got all five of us in VIP ($30 value) for free.

The second shopping event we went to was Hollywood Shop 'Til You Drop. I was again disappointed. The stuff sold here was worse than at Original Trends. They had very low-quality entertainment and unrecongnizable celebs. The manicure and massage area looked infection-prone, so we stayed far, far away. We left within the first 10 minutes. The organizer of the event is supposed to send me a gift bag, but I have yet to receive it. I don't expect much from it though, but you never know. Besides, free always makes things seem that much nicer. The only good thing about this event was where it was held: The Scientology Celebrity Centre. After we left the lame event, we strolled around the center. I kind of expected the place to be more glamorous and fancy, but it's not everyday where you get to stroll the premises of Tom Cruise's beloved religion. We snapped a few pictures and were on our way to West Hollywood for lunch then swimming at my apt.

Saturdays are best spent in the company of Liz, Sweta, and my baby cousins Allen and Andy (who are not really babies anymore, but will always be babies to me).

No comments: