6.17.2006

daily outfitting: med school bound

Mint Green Dress:
- $1.00 @ Baras Thrift Store
- Without the belt, this dress is a nightgown. It goes to show that something as simple as a belt can totally change an article of clothing from something that can only be worn in the house into a fab summer frock. I like the color contrast between the warm mint and bold purple.

Purple Belt:
- Free from Baras Thrift Store
- The Baras near the Sports Arena is one of the best thrift stores in San Diego. The man that works there is extremely friendly and they always have the best deals. I always walk away from this store with something great! I got this belt for free the day I bought 10 items for only $10.

Loop Transversion Mountain Straw Tote:
- @ Marshalls
- I love the appliqués on this Japanese-inspired mountain scene bag. The jelly leaves and sequin flowers are unique and fun. The straw material makes it a great beach tote for the summer. I've had this bag for so long now that the white flowers and the inside lining have become dirty. I'm not sure how I should go about getting it cleaned.... any ideas?


Xhilaration Ariane White Woven Flats:
- $18.99 @
Target
- See For You Blue,
San Diego County Fair, Modern Mademoiselle, I Scream for Ice Cream and Tom Cruise Would Approve

It's hard to tell in the picture, but we match!

Congratulations Emil! I am sooo very proud of you! You got your degree AND your face finally made it onto the blog! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Emil!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Emil! Chrissy, I'll clean your bag... I use Shout wipes- works really well. :D

chrissy said...

i was thinking of just throwing it into the washer, but the sequins might fall off. i will try shout!